Very pale green colour with green touches and low viscosity. A clean aroma with light hints of green almonds, grass, hay and nettles.
On the palate the wine is dry. A medium body alongside medium acidity and a slightly higher alcohol taste. We get what the nose promised. Greenish, grassy notes, some bitter almonds and lemon peel. The longer than average finish is dominated by characteristics typical of the grape and year. A balanced wine from ripe grapes. The barrel fermentation and maturation make the wine more complex, bringing the maximum possible out of the grape. Well-balanced wine, loyal to the traditions of Balaton Welschrieslings.
Perfect with foods, a great aperitif at a low temperature, but still great if “warmer”. Recommended for Balaton fish or seafish.
- VinAgora International Wine Competition, 2017: gold medal
- Decanter World Wine Awards: 84 points
- National Wine Competition 2017: silver medal
- The Wine of the Parliament, 2017.
- Balatonboglár Wine Region Wine Competition: Gold medal 2016
- XIV. Balaton Wine Competition (Balaton Alliance) Silver class, 2016
- South West Balaton Wine Community’s Harvest Wine Competiton 2016 – Wine Release Category: Silver medal
- Semmelweis University Wine Competition 2016 – silver class
- National Wine Excellency 2016